Kit Cat Klocks
A Brief History:
The Kit-Cat Klock was created in a small town on the west coast of the United States during the Great Depression (mid 1930's). While the people were struggling to survive, the Kit-Cat Klock gave them a smile and entertained them with his rolling eyes and wagging tail. Manufacturing still happens in the United States, thanks to new timing technology developed specifically by and for the Kit-Cat Klock.
Today, Kit-Cat Klocks are occasionally offered in "Limited Edition" colors and "Special Production" styles. The "Limited Edition" colors eventually sell out after about two years.
We have in stock:
Method to Date the Age of Your Electric Kit-Cat Clock
- If the back of the clock states "Portland, OR" it is late 30's.
- If the back of the clock states "Seattle, WA" it was made in the 40's if it is a metal back.
- If the back of the clock states "Seattle, WA" with a plastic back and no front paws it was made in the early '50's.
- If the back of the clock states "Seattle, WA" with a plastic back and has front paws it was made mid to late '50's.
- The bow tie was added about 1954.
- If the back of the clock states "El Monte, CA" it was made in the early '60's.
- If the back of the clock states "San Juan Capistrano, CA" it was made mid '60's to early '90's.
- If the front of the clock has "Kit-Cat" on its clock face it was made after 1982.
- If a stamped number is on the back that would mean it was produced from
- If no stamped number, then produced from'64-'81.
- If the clock is electric it was made before 1990.
- If the clock is battery it was made after 1990.
We are constantly updating our website with new products as they arrive. Be sure to check back often, or call us directly to find out if we have, or can order, exactly what you're looking for!
Page last updated: February 21, 2013